عنوان مقاله [English]
Interactions between the cyst nematode Heterodera glycines and charcoal rot fungus (Macrophomina phaselolina) in susceptible cultivars JK and Williams and Katol as a resistant cultivar were studied in greenhouse conditions. Treatments were evaluated by factorial test with two factors treatment and cultivar, six treatments of inoculation including healthy plants, nematode alone, fungus alone, primary inoculation with fungus and two weeks later with nematode, primary inoculation with nematode and two weeks later with fungus and inoculation with fungus and nematodes simultaneously. Experiments were conducted in three levels of cultivars in Random Complete Block Design with five replications. Twenty eggs and second stage juveniles of nematode and two microliters of spore’s suspension per gram of soils were inoculated at two leaves stage of the seedlings. The inoculated seedlings were kept at 25-27 °C in greenhouse conditions. The growth factors, yields of plant, disease severity and nematode reproduction factor were evaluated after five months. In Katol resistance cultivar, the severity of charcoal rot disease did not show significant difference in treatments and there was no interaction. In JK susceptible cultivar, the severity of disease was the same in the treatments and reproduction occurred in all treatments but was not affected by fungal treatment. In Williams cultivar, inoculation with fungus and then nematode, the disease severity was significantly different from other treatments so that it can be stated that there was interaction between fungus and nematode but nematode reproduction was not affected by fungal treatments.
1. Agarwal, D. K. & Goswami, B. K. (1973). Interrelationships between a fungus Macrophomina phaseoli (Maubl) Ashby and root-knot nematode Meloidogyne incognita (Kofoid and White) Chitwood in soybean [Glycine max (L.)] Merill, Proceedings of the Indian National Science Academy, Biological Sciences, 39 (6), 701-704.
2. Ahmadi, K., Gholizad, H., Ebadzade, H., Hatami, F., Fazli Estabargh, M., Hasanpoor, R., Kazemian, A. & Rafie, M. (2018). Agricultural Statistics Crop year (2016-2017), Ministry of Agriculture- Jahad.
3. Dehghanzadeh, S., Tanha Maafi, Z., Rahnama, K., Mir Abadi, A. & Heydari, R. (2016). Evaluation of a number of soybean streams in relation to Heterodera glycines in controlled and field conditions, Iranian Journal of Plant Protection Sciences, 47 (1), 1-9. (In Farsi)
4. Dunn, R. A. (1969). Extraction of cysts of Heterodera species from soils by centrifugation in high density solutions. Journal of Nematology, 1, 7.
5. Gao, X., Jackson, T. A., Hartman, G. L. & Niblack, T. L. (2006). Interactions between the soybean cyst nematode and Fusarium solani f. sp. glycines based on greenhouse factorial experiments, Phytopathology, 96 (12), 1409-1415.
6. Ghafari, S., Tanha Maafi, Z., Heydari, R. & Eskandari, A. (2012). Investigating the interaction of Heterodera glycines soybean nematode and Bradyrhizobium japonicum on a soybean sensitive and resistant cultivar. Pests and Plant Pathology, 80 (1), 39-33. (In Farsi)
7. Ghaffarian, A. R. (1999). Biological struggle with Macrophomina phaseolina a cucurbit charcoal rot by Trichoderma and Gliocalladium antagonistic fungus. Master thesis of plant pathology, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz. (In Farsi)
8. Ghorbani, F., Nasrollah Nezhad, S., Panje ke, N., Salari, M. & Sabbagh, K. (2016). Biochemical evaluation of reaction of soybean cultivars to Macrophomina phaseolina incident soybean charcoal rot, Journal of Seed Planting Research Oilseed Iran, 2 (2), 34-17. (In Farsi)
9. Heydari, R., Pourjam, E. & Tanha maafi, Z. (2012). Yield loss caused by soybean cyst nematode, Heterodera glycines, in Iran. Nematology, 14(5), 589-593.