عنوان مقاله [English]
The carob moth Ectomyelois ceratoniae (Zeller) is a serious pest on carob, pomegranate, dates, citrus and almond worldwide, and causes considerable losses in pomegranate orchards in Iran. Venturia canescens is one of larval parasitoids of this pest that is known as parasitoid of some stored products too. The present study assessed demographic parameters in two populations of the V. canescens (Hym.: Ichneumonidae) that were collected from pomegranate orchards, and stored products in storages. The each of two populations collected were developed on fifth instar larvae of Ephestia kuehniella as host under laboratory conditions at 25 ± 1°C, 65 ± 5% RH and a photoperiod of 16: 8 h (L: D). Life table data were analyzed using age-stage, two- sex life table procedure. The developmental time of parasitoid wasps of orchards, and stored products populations were 22.37 and 24.73 days and the values of oviposition period were 9.33 and 8.66 days, respectively. The life expectancy values were recorded 15.07 and 18.85 days, respectively. The intrinsic rate of increase (rm) were 0.168 and 0.153( females/female/days), the finite rates of increase (λ) were 1.183 and 1.185 (females/female/days), the net reproductive rates (R0) were 78.67 and 75.93 (females/female) and the mean generation time (T) were 25.97 and 28.23 days, respectively in above mentioned populations. This study suggests that orchard population may had highest performance than stored products population regarding the life table parameters. Complementary research to study biology and behavior of two populations needed.
10. Chi, H. (2013). Twosex-MSChart: a computer program for the age-stage, two-sex life table analysis. Retrieved May 2013, from: http://22.214.171.124/Ecology/.
11. Chi, H., & SU, H.Y. (2006). Age-stage, two-sex life tables of Aphidius gifuensis (Ashmead) (Hymenoptera:Braconidae) and its host Muzus persicae (Sulzer) (Homoptera: Aphididae) with mathematical proof of the relationship between female fecundity and the net reproductive rate. Environmental Entomology, 35, 10-21.
12. Dent, D. R. (1997). Quantifying insect populations: Estimates and parameters. In Dent, D. R., and Walton, M. P. (Eds.): Methods in Ecological & Agricultural Entomology. CAB International. Wallingford, UK, (pp.57-109).
13. Eliopoulos, P. A. & Stathas. G. J. (2003). Temperature-dependent development of the koinobiont endoparasitoid Venturia canescens (Gravenhorst) (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae): effect of host instar. Environmental Entomology, 32, 1049-1055.
14. Eliopoulos, P. A. (2006). Life Tables of Venturia canescens (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae) Parasitizing the Mediterranean flour moth (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). Journal of Economic Entomology, 99(1), 237-243.
15. Eliopoulos, P. A. (2007).The importance of food supplements for parasitoids of stored product pests: the case of Venturia canescens (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae). Integrated Protection of Stored Products IOBC/WPRS Bulletin, 30 (2), 37-41.
16. Emami, M. S. (2015). Research on biology of carob moth in Isfahan. Organization of Agriculture Jahad Isfahan Press, 21pp.
17. Gu, H. & Dorn, S. (2000). Genetic Variation in Behavioral Response to Herbivore-Infested Plants in the Parasitic Wasp, Cotesia glomerata (L.) (Hymenoptera: Braconidae). Journal of Insect Behavior, 13(1), 141-156.
18. Hassell, M. P. & Southwood, T. R. E. (1978). Foraging strategies of insects. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics, 9, 75-98.
19. Hopper, K. R., Roush, R.T. & Powell, W. (1993). Management of genetics of biological control introductions. Annual Review of Entomology, 38, 27-51.
20. Kishani Farahani, H., Goldansaz, S. H. & Allahyari, H. (2012). Biology of Venturia canescens, a larval parasitpid of carob moth, Ectomyelois ceratoniae under laboratory conditions. Iranian Journal of Plant Protection Science, 42 (2), 111-119.
21. Leach, I. M. (2009). Genetics of arrhenotokous and thelytokous reproduction in Venturia canescens (Hymenoptera). Ph. D. dissertation, University of Groningen, Netherlands, 159 pp.
22. Mbata, G. N. & Warsi, S. (2019). Habrobracon hebetor and Pteromalus cerealellae as tools in post-harvest integrated pest management. Insects, 10 (4), 58.
23. Mirzakhani Nafchi, Z. (2012). The effect of hosts on biological parameters of Venturia canescens(Hym: Ichneumonidae), parasitoid of carob moth. MSc Thesis. Department of Plant Protection, University of Shahid Chamran Ahvaz. 67pp.
24. Mitsunaga, T., Shimoda, T. & Yano, E. (2004). Influence of food supply on longevity and parasitization ability of a larval endoprasitoid, Cotesia plutellae (Hym: Braconidae). Applied Entomology and Zoology, 39(4), 691-697.
25. Ozkan, C. & Gurkan, M. O. (2002). The effect of host age on some biological characterisitic of the solitary koinobiont, Venturia canescens (Hym: Ichneumonidae). Journal of Entomology, 26 (2), 83 -91.
26. Reineke, A., Asgari, S. & Schmidt, O. (2006). Evolutionary origin of Venturia canescens Virus-Like Particles. Archives of Insect Biochemistry and Physiology, 61, 123.133.
27. Shakeri, M. (1995). Pests and diseases of pomegranate. Tasbih Publication.Yazd. 126pp.
28. Shakeri, M. (2008). Technical principles for the construction of pomegranate garden. Agricultural Research, Education & Extension Organization press. 25pp.
29. Shakeri, M., Dehghani, F. (2007). Comparison of 11 cultivars of Yazd Province. Pajouhesh va Sazandegi, 77, 131-142.
30. Sobhani, M. (2010). Evaluation of relative resistance of some pomegranate cultivars to Ectomyelois ceratoniae (Lep: Pyralidae) and study for its larval parasitoids in Isfahan province. MSc Thesis. Department of Plant Protection, University of Tehran. 88pp.
31. Spanoudis, C. G., Andreadis, S. S., Solonos, A. K. & Savopoulou, S. M. (2012). Temperature – dependent survival, development and adult longevity of the koinobiont endoparasitoid Venturia canescens (Hym: Ichneumonidae) parasitizing Plodia interpunctella (Lep: pyralidae). IOBC/WPRS Bulletin,81, 141-143.
32. Talaee, L. (2009). Study of some biological parameters and seasonal occurrence of Ectomyelois ceratoniae (Zeller) (Lep: Pyralidae) and larval parasitoids in Najafabad (Isfahan province). MSc Thesis. Department of Plant Protection, University of Tehran. 118Pp.
33. Tunca, H., Yesil, A, Z & Caliskan, T.F. (2014). Cold storage possibilities of a larval parasitoid, Venturia canescens (Gravenhorst) (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae). Türkiye Entomoloji Dergisi, 38 (1), 19-29.
34. Vet, L. E. M. & Dicke, M. (1992). Ecology of infochemical use by natural enemies in a tritrophic context. Annual Review of Entomology, 37,141-172.
35. Yang, T. C. & Chi, H. (2006). Life table and development of Bemisia argentifolii (Homoptera:Aleyrodidae) at different temperatures. Journal of Economic Entomology, 99: 691-698.